Friday, June 7, 2019

Username Display Fix

This thing is very simple, but it got me confused...so I hope it will help someone.

I was building a small APEX app (in APEX 19.1.*) with a custom authentication scheme (custom plugin) and when I've logged in to the app I've noticed that the username is in lowercase. So the first thing that got to my mind was that there's some problem with my authentication plugin. But that wasn't it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think from APEX 18.1 there's a change how navigation bar looks like. By default when you create an app you'll get username with a nice icon and drop down with Sign Out link. Before, at least in APEX 5.1, by default, there was only a Log Out link. Maybe that's the reason why I didn't notice this thing before.


So, lowercase is actually forced by CSS. So if you want to display your username as it came out from authentication scheme (in my case uppercase) you only need to remove Shared Components > Navigation Bar List > &APP_USER. > List Item CSS Classes property that's by default set to has-username



Tested in APEX 19.1.0.00.15

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. hi, also i can't see images in this post... don't know why it happened I am using Chrome latest updated, Opera also latest, Firefox updated but failed to see any image on these pages. how to get rid of this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice tip ... not sure why APEX 19.1 even do this behavior ... to me, this is a bug. APEX should never convert (in this case text-transform: lowercase;) username.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete